Thursday, October 16, 2008

Scratching At The Door

Fall is definitely scratching at the door. It's very gray out there with just a touch of mist. Our Red Maple is changing quickly from green to firey orange. This is the time of year I begin to move indoors to work. I have embarked on a new construction project this month and that is building a studio in my garage. Full insulation, heating system, multiple overhead lights, security, racking...etc. Exhausting but worth it.

For 2009 I plan to have, in addition to my popular items, some new pieces that are currently lurking in my sketchbook. As always weather and work space do play a part in what I can accomplish but there are a few definite directions I'm taking. I am working on a number of sculptured water features as well as larger scale garden sculpts. Time to explore some new territory.


Here's a shot of one of my first planter styles. It's a lightweight concrete blend 16 inches in diameter with a 10 inch opening. It can be made in a variety of colours and surface textures from smooth to very rustic. This one is in our entrance garden and has the very 'rustic' texture - which I prefer. I try to place several accordingly for maximum effect. In Spring we fill them with Wave Petunias and in Fall we plant Mums.

No comments: