Friday, October 10, 2008

Welcome !!!

Step into my headspace...don't look away. This blog is an introduction to the pieces that I have carved and sculpted. I'll try to keep it light and interesting while at the same time showcasing some of my work. If you read my profile you know that I have designed and built landscapes. This sculpted artwork is simply one extension from that.

As with landscaping weather wreaks havoc with any kind of construction. Sculpting is no exception...at least in my case since my sculpting is done outside. But thankfully that is slowly changing more so out of necessity. Too much work and not enough agreeable weather. An indoor studio is in the works.

I work in concrete and stone but that also requires me to touch on various other mediums. My work is all handcrafted and original. Originally I started by sculpting leaves, planters and wall mounted reliefs. Then came the large sculpted plantable heads and carved natural rock.

2009 promises to be the best yet with even larger free standing sculpture for the garden as well as some pretty wild water features. More shows are planned for 2009 as well. I don't want to give too much away yet but hopefully you will follow along with my blog and even drop me a comment now and again.

No comments: