Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Booga

This is something new I started over last winter. When I couldn't find anything large enough to carve I decided to form something myself. After much trial and error I ended up handforming a number of concrete columns between 24 and 36 inches tall. While they cured I built myself a turntable capable of handling their weight.

Using a hand-me-down hammer, and a pair of used stone chisels, I carved my first "Booga"...and never looked back. Because each one is hand made there are no two the same. All are sculpted with a hollow in the top that accomodates a six inch potted plant. I've planted them with large Ferns, Coleus, Snake Plant...etc. These look great anywhere. My clients have them in garden beds, patios and on pool decks.


Keep watching my Blog for new designs arriving for Spring 2009.

No comments: