Saturday, December 20, 2008

Foot In Cold Water

Sometimes it's easy to get bogged down by routine. You know when life seems to get in the way of...well, life. I guess it happens to the best of us and then again maybe it's just that time of year.

Usually the last thing I do each night is jot down what needs to be done the following day...basically my to do list. And quite honestly I have a tendency to be a little over-ambitious in my planning.

More often than not I run out of day well before I run out of to do's. Not only can it get frustrating but it can become downright paralyzing if you dwell on it.

So while laboring to clear our drive from today's massive snowfall I did some mental rummaging to help pass the time - sounds so much better than daydreaming. And while sorting through old thoughts I found this forgotten gem languishing in a dark recess...just behind some old Foot In Cold Water lyrics.


"Focus not on where you are but on where you want to go..."


Sounds beautifully simple and the perfect first entry on tomorrows to do list.

My pic today is an old post mounted bird feeder that has been partially enveloped by the smallest of our white pines.

No comments: