Saturday, November 8, 2008

Coffee And Pie

When I was very young my Father took me to many films. That was our thing...the movies. Followed by late night visits to a diner for his coffee and pie...I would have cherry Jello with whipped cream. It would be one of those great Father and son rituals that we indulged in every time a new war film opened at our local movie theatre. Which in our case it was the Westwood. My father loved war films and I soon grew to love them as well. Together we watched The Great Escape, Kellys Heroes and The Dirty Dozen to name just a few. One of my favorite movie nights included The Bridge Over The River Kwai. In it was a great line delivered by Alec Guinness that goes something like this..."There comes a time for every man when he realizes more of his life is behind him than ahead of him". And as my next birthday approaches I'm reminded of that line and the ritual I shared with my Father.

My picture today really defies description. I look at it nearly every day and when I do I feel timeless...no beginning and no end. Just the way it should be.


No comments: