Sunday, November 2, 2008

10am Squirrel

There are certain moments or events in ones life that stand out as signposts or markers along the way of your personal journey. When you are acutely aware of everything going on around you in that few minutes, or maybe even seconds, and you know instinctively that you will remember this for the rest of your life. Sometimes they are good and sometimes, well...not so much.

This weekend I had a good one. I was invited, along with a dozen or so others, to a birthday dinner to be held at a fairly expensive eatery. Now what made this birthday dinner different was the fact that the 'birthday boy' was footing the bill for everyone...which in all likelyhood was several hundreds of dollars. And to top it off there were no gifts being exchanged. Here was this individual celebrating the anniversary of his 'birth-day' by giving instead of the more typical...receiving.

Personally speaking I'm a big believer in Karma. You know...ripple effect through the universe and all that. It also made me realize I had a long way to go in my own development. And that the 'realization' itself cast the next marker in my personal journey... well, that and the fact you'll never be alone on your birthday if you're the one buying.

Today I've included a picture of mans best friend and mine as well. This is 'Goose'. Not his best side but I love this shot. He's watching for the 10am squirrel which he terrorizes on a regular basis. He's a 75 pound English Bull Terrier and he couldn't be a bigger sweetheart...that is unless you're the squirrel.

No comments: