Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Orange Someone

This year I vowed to get the majority of the garden up and running as soon as possible so I can actually enjoy it. I spent the weekend outside working on the back garden and will probably continue for at least three to four more days. Then it's on to the garden at the front of the house.

And while scouring Craigslist for freebies I came across a Mock Orange (Philadelphus Virginalis) someone had become 'bored' with. All they asked was for any interested party to dig it up and take it away. Though I did give the owner twenty shekels. The shrub now resides in my garden. Still an excellent deal for at least a four year old rootstock.

At this time of year those types of deals are very common. So if you're on a tight budget but have a garden to fill there's another great place to look. Here's a pic of the Mock Orange flower in bloom. It's a very fragrant flower reminiscent of Orange Blossom.

No comments: