Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ancient Utensils

I'm usually very good at the clean up part of my day. You know the point you get to when you realize you're done...worn out, but with just enough energy left to put away your tools and cover up everything for the night.

Like I said, I'm usually disciplined but when I visited a job site that had been tarped since last Fall, I discovered some tools that had inadvertently been left behind...sacrificed to the gods of winter.

Steel blades now wearing a rich coat of rust barely attached to their bloated wood grain handles.

It made me think of all those great National Geographic photos that depicted Ruins with ancient utensils left exactly where last used.

This pic shows a beautifully rustic garden entrance that I came across on my daily travels.

No comments: