Monday, January 5, 2009

Terms Of Spring

Is it just me or is anyone else already thinking in terms of spring? Yes the temps are still below zero outside and there's plenty of snow but today I found myself thinking ahead to the warm weather just over a dozen plus weeks away. And out of habit I had started adding notes to my spring journal regarding new plantings and garden sculpture ideas.

Before I knew it I had arrived in a very positive state of mind. And it had snuck up on me...like waking from a great dream. You know, the kind that leaves you in a fantastic mood for the rest of your day. Now all I have to do is make it through the next three months reasonably intact.

For my pic today I have this shot I took of a tiny pocket garden beside our back deck. It's just a small vignette but it speaks volumes. In actuality it's only about four square feet but with the Easter Island figure it comes across as a window to another world.

No comments: