Friday, January 9, 2009

Concrete Woo Hoo

Well the count down has begun. The count down until the Canada Blooms show that is. And though it was always in the forefront of my mind I really started to feel the pressure on the first day of the new year. While I thought I had planned pretty well there are always a few loose ends that materialize from seemingly nowhere.

The majority of the prep work has been the building of work racks and benches but luckily all that is reusable for the next time around. Which means last minute runs to the local big box store for more lumber, sand or cement. And of course one can only hope the passing snow plow hasn't walled in our driveway between those runs, yet again.

So after a little more than a week into the new year I am finally ready to mix the first batch of concrete, woo hoo. My pic today is an image of a sculpted squirrel table. Basically a Hosta leaf with legs. The legs keep it above the ground cover while the natural vein pattern assures it won't fill with water. A few nuts and you're in business...or the squirrel is anyway. This one is in a pewter finish and it sits adjacent to our patio.

No comments: