Monday, July 27, 2009

Some Twelve Years

It's a funny thing the way our hearts and minds work. What we assume we will miss about a loved one and what we actually end up missing are usually two very different things.

For example, when my mother passed away some twelve years back I knew I would miss our conversations.
But what really hit home...what really hammered me with the reality that she was gone was the moment I realized I would never again taste her Irish Soda Bread. Sounds strange I'll grant you that but it was the tipping point for me.
Sometimes it takes a while - days, months and maybe longer - to hit that tipping point but if you're human that day will come. It's all part of the process.

Here's another shot from within the backyard. This version is pre-pruned so it's a little scrubby looking.

No comments: