Thursday, February 5, 2009

Gods Gargoyles And Such

Yikes, another brutal weather day and I'm still inside working on inventory. But my toiling ends today! Yes, I've reached my goal of...(well actually I fell short by 21 pieces but only because I ran out of material) approximately one thousand pieces. The actual breakdown is 979 sand cast mushrooms. Very bizarre to be in a room full of stone mushrooms.

Next on the list is 100 plaques of which I have started already. These are reproductions of greenmen, gods, gargoyles and such. Then it's onto the hand carved rock. I'll carve whatever I have in inventory which is probably only about twelve large pieces. I had a hard time sourcing these last season.

Today's pic is one of the reproduction gargoyle plaques. The original is from a french cathedral.

No comments: