Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Go Forth And Salvage

Today I have a project for you hands-on creative types. The gardeners among you will recognize the item depicted as a hose guide. And for those that are unfamiliar with a hose guide it's used to keep a trailing water hose from crossing into your garden bed and wreaking havoc with your plants. In this case it was made by combining discarded items such as a door knob and suitable sized metal rod. I would also suggest a coat of rust paint on the metal rod. It couldn't be simpler and the design possibilities are endless.

I always have my eyes open for old style hardware at garage sales and the "reduced bin" at my local big box store for this very reason. So go forth and salvage...hit some garage sales this weekend and see what you can find. Then create your own up-cycled masterpiece.

No comments: